The National Professional Qualification for Executive Leaders (NPQEL) is a new qualification for:
- aspiring and serving executive head teachers working across two or more schools
- aspiring Chief Executive Officers (CEOs)
- significant strategic leaders within a MAT or equivalent
Inspiring leaders aims to develop and deliver the best possible route into executive leadership by drawing upon the inspiration and expertise of experience outstanding executive leaders. This programme aims to attract and to develop the most aspirant and effective leaders from across the region. We will deliver a programme that provides a ‘gold standard’ in system and executive leadership.
The programme will provide a personalised learning journey, enabling delegates to learn from both education and non- education specialists. This process will provide a flexible, focused and purposeful learning experience, enabling participant to reflect on their own contexts and the next stage in their development. To ensure quality in delivery and personalised support, the number on this programme are limited.
Our Delivery Model
This programme has been designed by a group of experienced executive leaders and will be delivered via a series of residentials, ensuring focused and manageable learning time. The face to face experience includes the following:
- Residential 1: Twilight induction and 2 day residential, including 2 nights accommodation
- Residential 2: 2 day residential with 1 night accommodation
- Residential 3: 2 day residential with 1 night accommodation
- Twilight celebration event
We believe this model will encourage powerful networking opportunities between delegates, which will be highly valuable beyond the life of the programme.
Face to face days will be delivered by an expert facilitator and experienced executive leaders. The content of the face to face days will cover the following learning areas
- Teaching and Curriculum Excellence
- Strategy and Improvement
- Leading with Impact
- Working in Partnership
- Managing Risks
- Increasing Capability
In addition to these learning areas, participants will engage in the following experiences:
- Coach in resident sessions
- Opportunity for focused placements and learning visits
- Input from nationally recognised speakers
- The opportunity to learn from successful Multi Academy Trusts
- Policy and research digests
- Access to our leadership library
- Input leading business and third sector organisations
- Professional breaks, allowing you to balance the demands of your role, whilst engaging in high quality professional learning.
- Design a sustainable business development strategy for their organisation, analysing the benefits, costs and risks of different options and present their chosen strategy to their governing board/board of trustees.
- Submit a written account of the project to Inspiring Leaders, which aims to evidence the criteria indicated together with supporting documents/material as evidence where indicated below. This should not exceed a total word count of 4,000, excluding supporting documents or annexes.
- Lead a project to improve progress and attainment in several schools and present their plans to a group of relevant stakeholders.
- Submit a written account of the project to the provider for assessment, which aims to evidence the criteria indicate and submit supporting documents/material as evidence where indicated below. This should not exceed a total word count of 4,000, excluding supporting documents or annexes.
The cost of the programme, inclusive of all residential, gateway assessment and final assessment is £3500 + VATFully funded places available in some areas
There is an opportunity for participants in some areas to access the NPQ programmes at a fully funded rate from January 2018 until 2020. If your school is in the following districts, you may be eligible for this funding:
- Nottingham, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood, Ashfield, Broxtowe
- South Derbyshire, Derby, Chesterfield, Bolsover, High Peak, Amber Valley, Erewash, North East Derbyshire
- Lincoln, North Lincolnshire, East Lindsay, South Holland, North East Lincolnshire
- Scarborough, East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston upon Hull
Participants wishing to complete NPQEL are required to complete the Inspiring Leaders application form, but there is no additional application requirements to access this funding.
The dates for NPQEL application process intake 1 are:
- Application window opens 26th March 2018
- Deadline to submit by the 27th April 2018
- Participants will be notified of their application outcome by 11th May
- Borderline interviews to take place 21st May 2018
- The programme will start with a two night residential on the 4-6th June.